Sunday 22 November 2020

SOCIALLY MINDED 3D PRINT

Socially minded was born out of an experimentation as most things I make are, I have always loves the analog and DIY nature of red blue (stereoscopic) 3D. With a red and blue pen and a pair of 3D glasses, you can make magic. I remember going to see 3D movies as a kid when they still used stereoscopes technology and I remember now over the exaggerated the 3D elements were. I wanted to echo the same nostalgic feeling with the composition of this piece.

The only other conscious decision I made when putting together this piece is, I wanted the main character / the dreamer in the piece to be a person of colour and also non binary in gender as I don't think having a specific gender helped tell the story in the art so leaving the gender non specific felt correct.

I hope you like it.

The original artwork for Socially Minded was made up of individually painted sections in water colour and ink on water colour paper then digitally finished making it a functioning stereoscopic art. the print is limited to 50 prints and comes with a custom pair of  custom 3D glasses.

the print is on sale in the someone in london loves you shop










Blog Archive